Have a list of healthy meal ideas on hand is a great way to set yourself up for success with your healthy eating plan. I like to keep track of all of my favorite healthy recipes in a binder so that I have them on hand whenever I need to plan and prepare a meal. Here are a few healthy meal ideas for your collection:

Taco Salads
I love taco salads because they are a great way to eat lots of fresh vegetables along with healthy beans. Use romaine lettuce as your base, then add on top chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, chives, corn, olives, salsa and guacamole. I love using the salsa and guacamole as the dressing, but feel free to add on a little bit of dressing if you need to (just make sure it is a healthy option).

Homemade Soup
Soup is a great way to get lots of high-nutrient foods into 1 meal. I love to use tomatoes, spices, and bullion for the soup base. And then I throw in several types of beans and whatever vegetables I have on hand. The most common vegetables that I use are: onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, green beans, peas, cabbage and/or squash.

Munchies
This is a meal that is a little out-of-the-box, but it is great for parties or movie nights. I prepare big trays of finger foods, and if you plan ahead you can make it fun and healthy at the same time! Some of my favorites munchies include a big veggie tray with cucumbers, bell peppers, celery, broccoli and cauliflower, served with hummus or a homemade Greek yogurt ranch dip. Other items may include small cheese slices, vegetable pinwheels, black bean dip with homemade baked tortilla chips, and/or chopped fruit.

Baked Potatoes
Putting together a baked potato bar can be a great way to have a healthy meal, just be careful about the toppings that you add to your potato. I prefer to have a healthy chili available, because it is a great way to add flavor and sauce without piling on the butter and sour cream. Other healthy potato toppings include: chives, salsa, guacamole, and/or a little bit of cheese.

If you are running short on healthy meal ideas, remember that most recipes can be adjusted to be more healthy. Try cutting back on the fat, adding in more fruits and vegetables, and decreasing the unhealthy ingredients to make any meal more healthy.

0 comments

Post a Comment